The Department of Marketing commenced its existence in the later part of the year 2010 after the strong recommendations made by the IRQUE evaluators. The new curriculum prepared by 2009 with the approval of the statutory bodies initiated Marketing Special Degree. The first batch of students passed out in the year 2014. The department commenced its function with eight academic cadres. Later, as mandatory, the curriculum revision took place in 2014. Then in the year 2016, the department received one more academic cadre and it was filled up instantly. Later in 2017, we got one more academic cadre with five cadres for assistant lecturers where all were filled. In addition, one lecturer retired and that cadre also duly filled.
Presently, we have ten permanent academic cadres and five assistant lecturer cadres. There is a non-academic (office assistant) cadre which also filled.
The specialization commences from year three semester one and students are selected according to their performance in their first and second-year examinations and individual preferences also considered where a minimum of 25% of the total students need to be available at the least preferred specialization. This is an approved condition.
Strive for Knowledge
To be recognized for Excellence in Quality Teaching, Research, and Consultancy with Innovative Strategic Marketing Education to the world at large
To generate a prominent contribution to Marketing Knowledge and Communicate to students and Society in a way that regenerates curiosity in the future generation of responsible and respected qualified citizens as well as professionals.
Goals of the Department
- Enhance the quality and prestige of the Marketing Department and departmental contributions to graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Recruit, develop, support, and retain quality students and staff for marketing.
- Promote ethnic, gender, and cultural diversity among the marketing department faculty, staff, and students.
- Maintain, expand and improve partnerships with local, state, national, and international constituencies.
- Initiate new researchers and participate in national as well as international programs to solicit research culture and support excellence within the department.